Union County joins 'America's Night Out Against Crime' | Community Spirit
UNION COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - The Union County Sheriff's Office will partner with Emergency Services and local businesses to sponsor a National Night Out event.
The event will be Tuesday, August 7 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Anna City Park.
National Night Out is designed to raise crime and drug prevention awareness, and raise support and participation in local anticrime efforts. The program also hopes to build neighborhood spirit and police community partnerships and send a message to criminals, letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
People across the country celebrate National Night Out with many special citywide and neighborhood events. Union county has many activities planned, such as fingerprinting, DNA kits, Smokey the Bear, bounce houses, games, giveaways,many emergency vehicles on hand for kids to see, and many more.
For more information please contact Union County Sheriff's Office Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 618-833-5500.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse