'The Moonshiners' help raise money for Alto Pass, Jonesboro Fire Depts. | Community Spirit
ALTO PASS, IL (KFVS) - The Alto Pass and Jonesboro Fire Departments will host The Southern Illinois Wine-Shine Saturday, Sept. 8 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Alto Vineyards.
The local volunteer firefighters will host celebrity guests, The Discovery Channel's "The Moonshiners." The show's Tim Smith and "Tickle" will visit Southern Illinois in support of the volunteers.
"We've been receiving a lot of feedback about this event and are really looking forward it," said Bumber Gurley, Alto Pass Fire Chief. "At the moment, the Alto Pass Fire Department is 100 percent dependent on fundraising and small grants to maintain our equipment and keep them up to standards. Fundraisers like this will allow us to continue to respond to situations quickly and be there for our communities."
Admission is $15. Proceeds to aide Alto Pass & Jonesboro Fire Departments.
To buy tickets in advance, you can call 618-697-0582, visit the Alto Pass Fire Department Facebook page, or stop in the Alto Vineyards tasting room.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse