Alto Pass vineyard to host 12th Annual Holiday Open House Nov. 23-25 | Community Spirit
UNION COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - Alto Vineyards will host the 12th Annual Holiday Open House on Friday, November 23 from noon to 6 p.m., Saturday, November 24 from noon to 6 p.m. and Sunday, November 25 from noon to 5 p.m.
The vineyard says shopping local can benefit your community. Here are some reasons why:
- Local Economy: Local small business owners keep more money in the community. They also are more likely to source from other local business, services, and farms.
- Environmental Impact: Food transportation adds to pollution. Look for local goods and know that they come from down the street as apposed to across the nation.
- Community Support: Local businesses tend to invest in the community. By shopping locally, you are helping to support your community through purchasing power.
- Better Service: Most likely you interact with the owners and staff members of small businesses regularly in your community. What’s better than friendly service from friends?
- Product Origin: It is important to know where your food comes from and how it is made. Pay them a visit, ask questions, and learn a little about production in your community.
Come out and sample our award-winning wines, including our hot mulled Cherry and Nona Mia Spiced wines, Ropp Jersey Cheeses from Bloomington, Ill., and more. Tours of the new facility will be offered at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. each day.
The vineyard says they will also be collecting canned goods to support our community families through the Bethany Village in Anna.
For more information about events at Alto Vineyards, visit www.altovineyards.net.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.