Doniphan man sentenced to 7 years on drug charges after Union Co. arrest | Crime
UNION COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - Union County State’s Attorney Tyler R. Edmonds announced Tuesday, January 29 that a Doniphan man has been sentenced to seven years on drug charges.
William D. Ray, 37, has been sentenced to seven years in the Illinois Department of Corrections on one count of unlawful possession of methamphetamine with intent to deliver, a Class 1 Felony. Ray was also sentenced to a concurrent term of six years in the Illinois Department of Corrections on one count of obstructing justice, a Class 4 Felony.
According to Edmonds, Ray was arrested in November 2012 following a traffic stop by Union County Sheriff’s Deputies on a vehicle in which Ray was a passenger.
Ray was found to be in possession of a quantity of methamphetamine and was taken into custody after he fled on foot into nearby woods.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse