Leader's forum scheduled for Feb. 26 at Carbondale Civic Center | Events
CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) - Building Healthier Communities: A Leader's Forum will be held on Tuesday, February 26, from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Carbondale Civic Center.
Approximately 150 leaders from Alexander, Hardin, Jackson, Johnson, Massac, Randolph, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, and Union Counties will learn about the connection between improving health and the economic development of the community. They will also receive suggestions for improving health through changes in the workplace which make the healthy choice the easy choice. And finally, community leaders will learn about some exciting projects already underway that are having a positive impact on this community.
The keynote speaker is Ms. Laura Minzer of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce. She will be talking about why worksite wellness is so important.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse