UNION COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - The American Red Cross has announced November blood drives for Southeast Missouri.
The Red Cross says all blood types are needed to help maintain a sufficient blood supply, especially O negative. They says Type O negative blood, the universal blood type, is always in high demand because it can be transfused to patients with any blood type.
November blood drives in Southern Illinois include:
- Nov. 7 - First United Methodist Church, 300 South 17th Street in Herrin, Ill. from 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 8 - Pinckneyville High School, 600 East Water in Pinckneyville, Ill. from 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Nov. 9 - Illinois Dept. of Transportation, 2801 W. Murphysboro Rd. in Carbondale, Ill. from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Nov. 10 - Benton High School, 511 E. Main Street in Benton, Ill. from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 11 - University Mall, 1237 East Main in Carbondale, Ill. from 2 p.m.