UWSI has exceeded their goal in some So. Ill. counties | News
UNION COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - The United Way of Southern Illinois says they have until June 30 to fulfill their goal for programs for 2012 without an appeal.
They say demands on them are much higher than ever before. For the Alexander, Johnson, Pulaski and Union Counties, they have actually exceeded their goal. The goal was set at $22,000 and so far they say they have collected $22,284.50 in cash.
Other Southern Illinois goals and collections include:
- Alexander, Johnson, Pulaski and Union - Goal of $22,000, Cash Collected: $22,284.50
- Carbondale Area - Goal of $70,000, Cash Collected: $47,595.49
- Franklin County - Goal of: $61,000, Cash Collected: $26,835.99
- Gallatin, Hardin and Pope Co.s - Goal of: $3,000, Cash Collected: $1,628.45
- Herrin Area - Goal of $56,000, Cash Collected: $50,986.77
- Marion Area - Goal of $200,000, Cash Collected: $140,700.81
- Murphysboro Area - Goal of $15,500, Cash Collected: $8,431.30
- Perry County - Goal of $18,000, Cash Collected: $11,602.79
- Saline County - Goal of $40,000, Cash Collected: $35,783.46
- White and Hamilton Co.s - Goal of $12,000, Cash Collected: $11,896.71
UWSI supports programs that benefit people in Southern Illinois. For more information, you can click here to visit them online.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse