Afternoon storms leave behind damage in southern Illinois | News
DONGOLA, IL (KFVS)- Storms blowing through southern Illinois late Wednesday afternoon left some damage behind.
According to the National Weather Service in Paducah, Kentucky, some trees, power lines and a few homes were damaged two miles east of Dongola.
In Johnson County, some tree limbs were down and one tree caught fire after a lightning strike on Old Cyprus Road, five miles south-southwest of Vienna.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse