Hundreds gather at Bald Knob Cross in Alto Pass | News
ALTO PASS, IL (KFVS)- Hundreds gathered Saturday afternoon for the Gospel Fest at Bald Knob Cross in southern Illinois.
People enjoyed food and of course some gospel music at the base of the cross.
It was also an opportunity for people to donate some much needed funds for the final phase of the restoration project at the cross.
"This really is a project of southern Illinois," said D.W. Presley, President of Bald Knob Cross of Peace. "And. it reaches far beyond that as well. But the people from all different backgrounds, so many people, have come together to support this project and support the cross and its restoration."
The final phase of the restoration of Bald Knob Cross will be new lighting and a prayer garden created around the base of the cross.
And through fundraising efforts like the one today, the new lights have been ordered and are scheduled to be in place by the end of this year.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse