IDOT, Dist. 9: Roads salted to prepare for winter weather | News
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (KFVS)- Illinois Department of Transportation Operations Engineer for District 9, Keith Miley, said Monday they salted the roads last week, but are hitting them again Monday.
Miley said District 9 covers the lower 16 counties of Illinois. He said they have 3,700 miles of highway and interstate roads to cover.
According to Miley, they have 128 trucks and 350 people ready to work around the clock when the winter weather arrives.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse