McCracken County announces fall sports coaches | Schools
PADUCAH, KY (KFVS) - Coaches for the fall 2013 season of extracurricular and co-curricular activities at McCracken County High School were announced recently.
McCracken County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Nancy Waldrop, McCracken County High School principal Michael Ceglinski and McCracken County High School activities director Kris Garrett were on-hand to announce the following coaches for extracurricular and co-curricular activities: men’s and women’s cross country, dance, football, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s soccer, swimming and volleyball.
Men’s Cross Country
- Kris Durfee is a social studies teacher in McCracken County Public Schools. During his 12 years of coaching cross country, Coach Durfee has coached seven state qualifying teams and has coached the Heath men’s cross country team to their current ranking of third in the state.
Women’s Cross Country
- Jeffrey Sturm is a physical education teacher in McCracken County Schools and has coached cross country for three years. Coach Sturm has taken individuals and teams to state competition in his time as head coach, and has coached students from Reidland, Heath and Lone Oak for the past year.
- Quentin Giles has been instrumental in the formation of the McCracken County Dance Company. Involved since year one, Coach Giles has coached three of his team members to recognition as a member of the UDA All-American Dance Team.
- Jack Haskins has lead the Purple Flash for the last nine years. He has twice led the Purple Flash to the Class 4A State Championship Game in 2007 and 2009, and lead the Heath Pirates to a state runner-up in 1975. Coach Haskins holds the Lone Oak record for most coaching wins as well as highest winning percentage.
- Nick Mills and Barry Kight have worked with golfers from McCracken County since last year and have seen tremendous growth in the golf program during that time. Coach Kight is co-owner of The Golf Complex.
- Pam and Todd Trimble have worked with golfers from McCracken County since last year and have seen tremendous growth in the golf program during that time. Coach Trimble is co-owner of The Golf Complex.
- Tim Oltman is a Physics teacher at Heath High School and has served as the men’s soccer coach for two years. As the head coach of Heath High School, Coach Oltman has led his team to a record of 36-6-4, including District Titles in 2011 and 2012. Coach Oltman has coached his team to a Regional Title in 2011 and finished as Regional Runner-Up in 2012.
- Jeff Hill has been involved with McCracken County Public Schools for several years. He has 10 years of experience, including coaching at both Reidland and Lone Oak high schools, accumulating a record of 104-75-7. During those 10 years, Coach Hill’s teams won 3 District Championships, 1 Regional Championship and 1 Regional Runner-Up.
- Jason Cravens has coached swimming as his primary profession since 1995 at the USA Swimming and High School levels. He has coached and developed swimmers from the novice to national levels of the sport. Coach Cravens is head coach of the Paducah Swim Team and a certified member of the American Swimming Coaches Association.
- Tim Whitis is a physical education and health teacher in McCracken County Schools. Coach Whitis has been the head volleyball coach at Lone Oak High School for the last nine years and is also a founding member of the Western KY Volleyball Club, Director of McCracken County Youth League Volleyball and established a Middle School volleyball league for Western Kentucky.
- John Adams is an assistant principal at Heath High School. Coach Adams has been instrumental in the formation of the McCracken County Wrestling Team.
“This is an important step in building our program,” said McCracken County High School activities director Kris Garrett. “We are committed to continuing our three athletic traditions as we build the athletic program at McCracken County High School.”
McCracken County High School will open in the fall of 2013.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Union County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse